- Develop, implement and maintain a company safety management system that complies with ISO45001 and all statutory regulations and ensure that employees understand and use the safety management system.
- Review our working processes at planned intervals to ensure legislative compliance.
- Promote and increase the level of reporting of incidents and hazardous occurrences, and risks. Also improve on the depth of investigation for all such reports.
- Take effective management corrective and preventative actions on identified safety problems and seek to remedy the source of these problems.
- Perform audits on the OH&S System and implement corrective & preventive action as a result of identified non-conformities and/or accidents, incidents and hazardous occurrences.
- Continuously review and seek to improve the effectiveness of the Company Safety Management System.
- Help all members who do not have a safety management system to build one using the new Vertechs Safety Guidelines as a reference.
- Obtain major client endorsement of Vertechs Safety Guidelines.
- Follow up on safety statistic input to obtain maximum participation at the highest level possible in a timely manner.
- Perform analysis of results to determine major repetitive causes and propose corrective plans and actions in collaboration with the New Technologies Committee.
- Review parameters for the Health and Safety Award.